Fishing License

Hooked on Juneau Catch - King Salmon

Fishing License information for Juneau Alaska

All residents and nonresidents age 16 or older must purchase and possess a sport fishing license to participate in Alaska sport and personal use fisheries. In addition, a king salmon stamp is required to fish for king salmon. These laws apply in both fresh and marine waters. Sport fish licenses and king salmon stamps may be purchased online, at most sporting goods stores, and at Fish and Game offices.

State residents age 60 or older who maintain their residency may participate in sport fisheries without a sport fishing license, but must apply for and possess an ADF&G Permanent Identification Card. Permanent Identification Card applications are available only at Fish and Game offices. Holders of Permanent Identification Cards DO NOT need to purchase a king salmon stamp in order to fish for king salmon.

To participate in sport fisheries that have annual harvest limits (many king salmon and rainbow trout fisheries), anglers younger than 16 and holders of permanent identification cards must obtain a free harvest record card (available at license vendors and at Fish and Game offices) in order to record their harvest of those fish.

If you have any other questions that you have trouble finding the answers to please contact us.